Wednesday, July 2, 2008

When is a Closet a John?

Old houses are often short on bathrooms. The upstairs bathroom that was converted from a closet just needed a good coat of paint and a small cabinet to store toiletries. I painted the room a soft sage green. I found a cabinet at the Salvation Army that fit perfectly next to the pedestal sink. I also bought an over-the-John cabinet at Linens and Things, at a closeout price. My brother helped me install it. I decorated the walls with photos of my granddaughters in sepia tones. My daughter is a professional photographer so I get some great shots as you can see on her web site: http://www.nrimages.com/

There was a nice shower that had been installed by a previous owner. The bathroom might be small, but it beats having to traipse downstairs in the dark of night.

No comments: