Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Now I Can Lay Thee Down to Sleep.

All in all, the north guest bedroom is a pleasant place for guests to sleep. The new oak flooring is beautiful and takes little care. To finish the room, I repaired installed and painted baseboards, painted walls, lined the closet and furnace closet with cedar, installed a door to the furnace closet and found a matching antique doorknob. A family friend made casing for the furnace closet door frame to match the other casing in the room.

I visited my daughter near Los Angeles, and we went shopping to find more doorknobs and transom hardware. I did not find any, but I found a special assembly so the antique knob I did have could be used with the newer door. I still need to replace the drafty window and am still not up to speed on window treatments.

No comments: