Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dining in Style?

I think the dining room looks so much more inviting and airy. The new wall color makes the used bricks come alive. Croft-Beck Floors repaired and refinished the floors. I was amazed they could sand off all the remaining tar so easily. The problems with the pine floors are they are so soft and damage easily. But the refinished pine floor goes with the time period of the house and are wonderful to look at.

The dining set is made by Pulaski. I used some antique crocks, an antique commercial butter churn and other furniture I already owned or picked up on sale to furnish the room. The art on the walls are my oil paintings.

The wood burning stove is perfect for taking the chill off the air on cold winter mornings and helps supplement heating costs. I still have not found the perfect rugs or window treatments for this room.

No comments: