Thursday, May 10, 2012

Weeds, Weeds & More Weeds


Can you say, "Weeds!"
 To the east of my house between the curb and the street was a large patch of weeds. Spraying with weed killer just seemed to make them healthier. For several years, I had asked several contractors for bids to replace the dirt with gravel to help keep the weeds from taking over, but none ever got around to making bids. When the man came to grind out the tree stumps, I ask him if he knew of someone who could bring in gravel, and he said he could do it.

I had the weeds sprayed again! He excavated about 4 inches of dirt and weeds and replaced most of it with road base then topped it off with a couple of inches of pea gravel. What a difference! I will still have to spray it in spots from time to time, but I can at least stay on top of them.

Nice and clean with gravel!


No comments: