Friday, August 26, 2011

August's Table, Summer Beaches and Fun


Seashells and dragon flies, two of nature's wonders!

With summer winding down, I decided to celebrate water fun with its beaches, seashells and sand. I made a table runner in earth tones that pick up the colors in seashells and salt grass. I fringed the edges of the table runner, napkins and the bread-warmer cloth. I found a set of three glass candle holders at Bed Bath & Beyond that included sand and seashells. I scattered a few larger seashells around the centerpieces. They are fond reminders of beaches I have visited in my lifetime, from Hawaii to the Atlantic Ocean. I chose earth brown chargers and my versatile clear dishes. The many dragon flies in my yard called for dragon fly napkin rings to complete the decor. This table setting was a fun way to bring the out-of-doors inside!  

1 comment:

lcrenovation said...

ice post. And very helpful for me in my in my home renovation contractors Toronto. Thanks for this.
House Renovations in Earlsfield